Table of Contents
In this article we’ll go over the Beachbody Piyo workout program and see if it really lives up to it’s TV ad hype that you’ve probably seen all over cable…
We’ve all seen the Beachbody brand and plenty of their workout programs for years now.
Beachbody Piyo has a pretty good catch line that touts..
No Weights. No Jumps. Just Hardcore Results.
Piyo apparently fuses the muscle sculpting benefits of Pilates with the core stretching and strengthening benefits of Yoga. But, don’t expect to stand still and hold poses because Piyo speeds everything up….
And those are their words not ours..
So let’s look into what this program has to offer and see if this workout program is worthy to be purchased for the nominal fee of… (that all depends where you buy it from.)
We do like the fact that this program seems to tailor itself to the ‘all ages’ crowd. A long road from Shaun T’s Insanity workout which was brutal with tons of jumping and bouncing around which isn’t good for you joints, especially if your body isn’t acclimated for that type of exercise and movement.
Beachbody Piyo comes with 3 DVDs and 10 workouts in total. The workout modules are listed below:
- Align: The Fundamentals: This workout breaks down the most important and effective moves in the program to help you perfect your form and get the best results possible.
- Define: Lower Body: Get your sleekest and leanest legs ever as you lengthen and strengthen your entire lower body—from your glutes and hamstrings to your calves.
- Define: Upper Body: Use this incredibly effective workout to start chiseling away at your upper body to help shape your arms, carve out your triceps, and define sexy shoulders.
- Sweat: A traditional PiYo workout that incorporates effective dynamic conditioning, fast-paced cardio yoga-flows, and bodyweight resistance strength training to help sculpt your entire body.
- Core: This ab-centric workout hits your powerhouse from every angle to build a strong core, flat, sculpted abs and obliques, as well as a strong and sexy back.
- Strength Intervals: Twenty-five minutes is all you need of this nonstop body-carving, calorie-incinerating workout that uses no weights, no equipment, and gives you no bulk.
- Drench: This endurance workout maximizes fat burning while it works every muscle in your body. It will not only leave you drenched—it will kick-start your metabolism as you scorch away the fat.
- Sculpt: This workout uses varying tempos to keep your muscles under tension for different periods of time. This generates muscular endurance and metabolic changes that will totally transform your figure.
- Buns: Focused on the glutes, this workout is designed to lift, redefine, and tighten the entire backside of your body for the perfect tight and round butt.
- TurboFire HIIT 20: Chalene pushes you to the limit with this intense throwback.
There are also a few extra bonuses with the DVD set:
- Quick Start Guide: Everything you need to know to get started including valuable insider tips to get your best results possible. Plus, discover how each powerful workout is strategically designed to transform your body.
- PiYo 60-Day Workout Calendar: Chalene arranged the workouts to make sure you’re progressing each week as you build up your strength, flexibility, and stamina.
- BONUS: Get Lean Eating Plan: A simplified approach to clean and lean eating designed to fit your lifestyle and your taste buds. Learn how to eat a variety of delicious, nutritious foods that keep you properly fueled, satiated, and nourished—and help you define your best body.
- BONUS: Tape Measure: Track your progress as you melt the fat away faster than you ever imagined.
- Upon researching feedback we saw that some people loved the workout while others complained that it was either to easy or to hard. (Guess you can’t satisfy everyone.)
- Some people complained that you need to be in shape to do Piyo or that it was too advanced.
- Another common complaint we saw was that the DVD didn’t work or was only compatible with a computer.
- You can avoid the hassle of a DVD by getting a Beachbody on Demand 14 Day Free Trial Membership here. This membership gives you the ability to stream their entire database of exercises including Beachbody Piyo.
- Other people say the program works and even posted pictures of their before and after results. (These were reviews from accounts that appeared to be real people and not fake profiles created by the company.)
The Pros and Cons of Beachbody Piyo
If you’re looking to lose weight minus jumping and bouncing then this should be a good go for you. You must understand that any level of getting in shape requires work and you may be sore afterwards if you haven’t exercised in months or even years.
One of the biggest issues we see with any exercise program is that people expect to get results with no sort of work or sweat equity, but as the saying goes, No Pain, No Gain.
I think a 60 day money back guarantee is a pretty good option for assurance and return if you find that you truly can’t perform the workouts in this program effectively over time. Two full months is enough to see results if you are following the right meal plan and you can lose a lot of weight if you’re serious and follow your nutrition plan.
With all of that said, we wish you luck on your road to getting fit and in shape and hope this article was assistive in helping you make a decision on getting or not getting the Beachbody Piyo program.